Saturday, August 9, 2008

Playdates and Boxes





Well, between playdates for the kids and packing boxes to move, we are staying busy. The boxes are beginning to take over the house, but I didn't want to wait until the last week so I have time to go through and get rid of a lot of stuff we don't need. Of course, then I think about all the things we do need and wonder what to make a priority with our first round of purchases since we definitely can't afford to do it all at once!. Mia is going to get new furniture since she is moving out of the crib. Well, let's be honest, she was never in the crib :), but she is getting a toddler bed and dresser. Bryce needs a new dresser. Then we are going to buy living room furniture (which will be the first time I have ever had new couches), a breakfast table, a refrigerator (Ryan seems to think this should be the first purchase, but I don't really see the need- who wants to cook anyway?) bathroom stuff for the third bath plus a lot of little things. Whew. It is going to be fun to decorate, but a little overwhelming since we want to paint, do some new flooring, and put some kind of deck in the backyard. It won't be a fast process due to the expense and lack of time, but we will get there and are very excited to be moving. And yeah, we can use some help with the moving next month if anyone is interested! I don't know what weekend (and wouldn't tell anyway because then you would have time to make other plans to be "busy"!), but we are hoping for the weekend after we get back from Disney World!


We have been to the park, spray parks and friends houses with our playgroup. We also went to a bounce house place with our church last week. The kids are having fun making new friends and seeing their old friends over the summer. I can't believe it is almost time for school to start. This summer flew by! I really can't believe Bryce is starting kindergarten. I hope the next 6 years go much slower, but I know they won't. The fact that my baby is almost 2 is so depressing. Luckily for me, I already negotiated baby number 3. I am not in a hurry for him or her to arrive, but like knowing there will be one more, or two! Twins do run in my family!
Oh, yeah, Ryan and Bryce signed up for Adventure Guides at the YMCA today. You know, what used to be Indian Guides. I am so excited for them. I did this (well, Indian Princesses) with my dad when I was little and it was awesome. I still have so many memories of those times together. And they are at the same Y I did it at and going to some of the same camps that I went to and Ryan and I worked at with the Y. Bryce is so excited about the 3 campouts this next year, plus derby day where he gets to make his own car. Even though I am not sure I am too thrilled that they will be gone 3 weekends (Bryce has never spent more than a night away), it will be fun for Mia and I to have some girl time. He will do this program for 4 years so I am already planning a trip to the American Girl store and hotel in a year or so :)

No comments: