Friday, March 13, 2009

Dexter and More

We have a new dog! We went to Operation Kindness and adopted Dexter. He is a 1 yr old pug/terrier mix and is very cute! I will post pics later, my camera batteries just died. We are enjoying having an inside dog, again. It's been a while. Dexter is great with the kids and they love him and are trying to teach him tricks. He gets lots of treats!

Bryce had his Derby Day for Adventure Guides and had a good time building and racing his car with Ryan. We are keeping busy with the playgroup, school, and field trips. One of the families in our group is having a St. Patrick's Day party next week that should be lots of fun. The kids are wearing green and all of the food will be green. Bryce used his tooth fairy money today to buy a St. Patty's Day shirt at Old Navy and then lost his second tooth. He knows how to keep the cash coming in. Although, he was very nervous at bedtime that the tooth fairy would make noise and wake him up and he would be scared. I told him she (he?) doesn't make noise and that upset him more because he says that is like a ghost. I think we may have to let him in on the secret soon!

Mia is talking all of the time now. She can carry on a complete conversation with no problem. I continue to be amazed with her vocabulary and verbal skills. Unfortunately, the maturity there is not carrying over into potty training. She wanted to wear her "Dora pants" yesterday and then asked if she could have Spiderman underwear like Bryce. I said sure, if she will go to the big girl potty. She said "no, I am not going to the big girl potty." I asked her why and she looked at me and said, very matter of factly, "because I am a princess". Oh, no. Not sure why she thinks princesses wear diapers, though. She wants to wear her Cinderella dress and fly. I see another ER visit in our future.

Other than that, things are about the same here. We are looking forward to May when Ryan is taking a few days off so we can go down to Corpus Christi for his brother's college graduation. We are going to go through San Antonio and take the kids to Sea World on the way down. Should be fun!

No comments: