Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Finally settled

We are finally completely done unpacking and are settled into our new home in Houston (well, really about 30 miles NE of Houston). Ryan is really enjoying his job and the shop. The kids and I are having fun exploring all there is to do in Houston. We miss Dallas because of our friends and family, but there is so much to do here with kids! We have been to the zoo, pumpkin patch, the Movie Tavern to see Astro Boy, some playgroups and parks and have even more planned.

We are taking the kids to see Disney on Ice in a few weeks and to a Civil War day and reenactment at a plantation. Bryce is very excited to see the army camps and get to talk to the "soldiers". Should be interesting!

He is also starting flag football next month. The YMCA has football and basketball in the winter and he chose football. I was okay with it because they aren't crazy at this Y and start tackle football so young like in Rockwall :) It is flag football all the way up. I wish he could do basketball, also since he really enjoyed that last year. I am hoping they offer it again, later. Then baseball and soccer run in the spring and I am sure he will choose baseball. He had decided he wanted to try soccer one more time but I don't know if he has to choose between the two! Mia wants to play basketball, soccer, baseball, football- you name it! And she will be old enough to start in the spring. I was going to sign her up for dance classes, but she is adamant she will not go in the classroom without me so I guess we will wait a little bit. Really fall would be best because she could start in 3-4 yr old combo class. She loves wearing her tap shoes at home. We joined the Y so I am hoping that leaving her in the child watch area while I work out will get her more comfortable being without me. We'll see!

We plan to come back to Rockwall for Christmas and hopefully, a day or two at Thanksgiving to catch up with family and friends.

No comments: