Monday, November 17, 2008

Another Day...







We had a good day today staying home and getting some school work done this morning. Bryce is learning about 3-D shapes and geometry in math, working on reading and phonics, learning about ants in science and learning the differences in states, countries and continents.

The kids had their music class this afternoon and they love it! It is a lot of fun because it is something the three of us can do together. So many of the things they do are separate that it is nice for them to have one activity together. I ordered them some of the small instruments they use in class for Christmas so it should be fun (and loud!). I ordered rhythm sticks, tambourines, bells, shakers, etc and we are going to set up Ryan's old drum set and guitars in our extra bedroom to make a music room for now. That is until we need a nursery :)

The weather was so nice today that the kids came home and played outside with the dogs, Petey and Bailey, and all four were nice and tired tonight.
We finally joined the church we have been visiting. It took me two years to do it, but it is official. It seemed like the next logical step after being there two Christmases, volunteering at VBS and teaching Sunday School! I guess we are Methodist now. I am not sure how I feel about that, but I do really like the church and all it offers for kids and families. I am teaching Bryce's Sunday School class and plan to do Mia's next year when she is out of the nursery and in the 2 yr old class. I can't believe how big she is getting.

Bryce has his first basketball practice tomorrow so I will post some pics then!

No comments: